Sunday 7 February 2010

PEOPLE | SHOWS & EXHIBITIONS | PLACES



Nov 09 Eddie Izzard at the M.E.N. Arena.
This show was amazing. I love Eddie Izzards motives and methods when addressing issues in his comedy. He talks of religion and history and other serious subjects but makes people laugh AND think at the same time. I think I would have preferred to see him in a smaller venue but this didn't take away from his performance one bit.
My favourite sketch was the giraffe's doing charades as communication as they can only cough and have no territorial sound. I like this method of posing questions through humour; it is clever and concise even though his comedy is so far removed from reality and is rooted in sillyness.
I would like to achieve think kind of thoughtful challenge for the viewee's of my final collection. It might make them question their approach to environmental issues or maybe a little more aware of what is available; how and where they can make a 'green' decision. I think using clothes as a communicative media in this way is good as we have a relationship with our clothes in our daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment